Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dare to Run. (Part one: The beginning)

Some people says, when you reach 40,you have to slow down. Let the time pass by and wait for God's calling you back. When I reach 41,I start put on my shoes and start my first step in running addiction.

This is how I look when I run my first 5km. I was thinking that I'm a crazy old man,running around carry my fat tummy. Then i said to my self it's ok.. I only run once a week,on Sunday. Thats all.. But things not going according to plan. From once a week it's become twice and soon it was three times a week. Not as I thought on my first day running.

Then come febuary 2010, Busy month for me. It all started with an outdoor fitness programe, Original Bootcamp.

A bunch of crazy people simply do their workout at 5.45am to 6.45am 3 times a week Rain,hail or shine,they'll be in the middle of the field,push up,sit up doing fitness. Their dedication and discipline inspire me a lot. Bootcamp location is about 20km a way from my house. I signup for this program.

Another crazy thing I did. It never come across my mind: Signup for my very first official 10km run organize by Pacesetter in February 2010.



It's all because one of our bootcamper's friend that I called her Sifu, Rose Emini Pahamin. She is one of my running idol since then. She already finished many half marathons and full marathons. If not because of her,I will never dare to run in an organize running competition and clock my official timing. I have a full respect on her.


Then I got my first running vest,collected by Rose. She play a big roll in my running obsession.


His brother, Armin Baniaz Pahamin is my running idol. He is supperp. He is a leukemia surviver,a passionate long distance runner,a triathlete,an Ironman participant, so on and so on. Many achievement and credit that he received come from his determination and dedication.


My first medal I earn for my first running in 1hr 06min.



Many of bootcampers finished thier 30km and for a virgin runner like me,10km. With glory.


All bootcamper's runners who participate in 30km and 10km was invited by Armin to his residence for a celebration to mark our succession in completing our run.


We being treated with a barbecue party by our host, Armin.

It was a beautiful memory finished my first stage of running experience. I survive this running sensation with tones of encouragement from my bootcamper's friends. They are like a blood flow,pumping in my body by my heart everytime I participate in running competition. Even when I start my daily run I will feel the same blood flow running in my blood stream. Keep me carry on,step by step.. My running story will continue in part two.

No comments:

Post a Comment