Saturday, August 21, 2010

Dare to Run. (Part two: The training)


Seven month ago,my alarm clock rang at 7am on weekdays and 9am on Saturday and Sunday. Seven month ago,I look at people who get sweat at 7am as a weird and abnormal. Things change when I start running.....



My alarm clock will ring at 5am. To make sure I start running that morning,I will sleep with shirt and short for running. Put my running shoes beside my bed or nearest to my front door. First ring from alarm clock wake me up. Immediately looking for my running and start my day without going to toilet first. If I need to go,I'll be looking for the outdoor,nature's way to disperse what ever I need to disperse. It's hard to discipline myself at the beginning. At this period,I drag my feet with my eyes closed,out from bed without brushing my teeth. At 5am,I f**k off myself for starting this weird habit. For 2 weeks I keep doing the same thing every night and curse myself every morning. Until one morning,my eyes open when I put on my sock and start running without any bad word. The next morning,I start using toilet before running. Good habit never come easy.


I realize that 9 years before half century is already in veteran category. In this category I need to be extra careful in most aspect, especially my heart. I don't want to loose my heart beat during running. My parent pass away because of heart problem. But I want to run at optimum heart rate where most of my calories burn. In this issue heart rate monitor become handy. It show me my heart rate during running as well as my timing. Timing.. some thing that always make me excited. I want to see my time improved..

To keep track on my improvement, I log my millage in Dailymiles,a site that allow runners and athletes to log their millage,timing and many useful information to keep track their training. This site give me friend who share the same passion from around the wold. We keep motivate each other to keep ourselves focus. It's work pretty well on me. Tips from experience runner who already run for many marathons,sharing their experience running in the Sahara desert,postnatal mother who can't stop herself running and many more in this site. It's keep me motivated to wakeup at odd hours and start clocking my millage.



I run anywhere,everywhere,any time when I feel running. It's keep me alive. It's give me strength to face human. The most important thing is,running keep me

HAPPY

Something not everybody have it.

So,start running....

2 comments:

  1. Hey Zaiem, bumped into your blog from DM. Well, you and I share many commonalities, specially age wise where we are now turning overa new healthy lifestyle. kudos to you wanting thi change. Suffice to say you've so far is such a short time. be very proud of yourself bro and keep on chugging along ya. I hope do a tri someday too, just like you. Never ever say never :)

    Keep updating your blog for me to follow you excellent progress. It will serve as a reminder when we reflect back on our achivements. keep it up! proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yimster,

    Thanks for your encouragement. Both of us need to encourage each other. I like running and will continue to push myself until I become an Ironman finisher before I close my eyes. The ultimate target is to be a person with determination. Hard to do it nowadays without support from people like you. One more time I want to say thank you and your encouragement is well appreciated.

    Your's sincerely
    Zaiem Razak.

    ReplyDelete